Thursday 15 March 2012

Lent Practices - Finding a Quiet Place













"And when you come before God, don't turn that into a theatrical production either. All these people making a regular show out of their prayers, hoping for stardom! Do you think God sits in a box seat?
 6"Here's what I want you to do: Find a quiet, secluded place so you won't be tempted to role-play before God. Just be there as simply and honestly as you can manage. The focus will shift from you to God, and you will begin to sense his grace."
 - Matthew 6 - The Message
Turn your speakers on, log out of Facebook, Twitter and I don't know what else-er and spend just 90 seconds with The Quiet Place Project. Thank you to Jesuit Post for this one.



2 comments:

  1. peace and quiet are so valuable, always inspiring to find that quiet moment in a quiet place (preferably surrounded by nature)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for passing it on... I do find it takes time for me to settle, but The Quiet Place Project was a great help -- and a focus on how rushed about small things I often am.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog. I always love receiving comments; do feel free. If you're visiting from the A-Z challenge (or even if you're not!) could I thank you for your patience in using the dreaded captcha verification thingy. It's a pain, I know, but I've had problems with spam in the past and would rather keep Greenpatches as a junk-free zone.