Puffin Club Founder Members' Competition 1967
- Puffins should not leave their babies alone.
- Puffins should not fight at all.
- Puffins should not leave their eggs to be eaten.
- Puffins should be a little less shy.
- Puffins should be very happy all the year.
- Puffins should be as comical as they like.
- Puffins should be very sensible.
Makes me smile, that last one; I was such a serious, conscientious little girl. Yet, from a quick skim down the list, I can see that even then I'd an awareness of the areas where I needed to grow; a good rule of life challenges you to streeeetch yourself to the edges of your comfort zones, and shyness, negativity and anxiety are issues all too familiar to me even now. (Not sure about the eggs bit, though!).
I wonder where the other competition winners are now and whether any element of their 'rules' still hold true for them in later life?