Wednesday 29 April 2015

A-Z Day 29: Yellow

Image courtesy of "patptichaya," at freedigitalphotos.net

Y is for: Yo-yo,  yacht , Yolanda  and yellow. Yellow is the colour of buttercups, sunflowers, daffodils, sunshine and  pancakes. And what could be nicer than a plateful of golden pancakes with banana topping. Yes, you're in for another trip down memory lane, this time to Australia, whence originated the original Bananas in Pyjamas song that I remember singing to the Junior Greenpatches. And...oh dear....I do wish I'd not remembered these; from the 1970s, comes the stuff of nightmares (and people worry about some of today's children's programming - come back Teletubbies, all is forgiven!). Yes, it's the Banana Splits. Time to don your sunglasses. All together now....

4 comments:

  1. Banana split the ice cream dessert is great! Maybe you can wash out the tv-program by eating it. I enjoyed your post - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a brilliant idea! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Yum with the banana splits and pancake syrup with banana toppings :) One more letter!!

    betty

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog. I always love receiving comments; do feel free. If you're visiting from the A-Z challenge (or even if you're not!) could I thank you for your patience in using the dreaded captcha verification thingy. It's a pain, I know, but I've had problems with spam in the past and would rather keep Greenpatches as a junk-free zone.