Tuesday 17 July 2012

That green-eyed monster

The late, great, 'Ridge!'
O, beware, my lord, of jealousy;
It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock
The meat it feeds on...
              - Iago from Shakespeare's Othello

Poor old 'Ridge!' Our son's late 'Beardie' is  the nearest thing I can find to a green-eyed monster at short notice. No matter; the idea was to point readers towards Quinn Creative's hints and tips on how to cope with Jealousy.

Pondering just now  on how it takes me - I was inclined to think that a more apt image  was  of a weed, which you may not spot at first, but which, once it takes hold, sends out roots and tendrils which slowly and silently strangle and stifle. In my experience, you're not always aware of its presence until it  pops up; the green-eyed monster ambushes you. OK, I can see a place for both images now.

Whether you term it the green-eyed monster, killer weeds, or the waste products of the 'internal parrot,' self  awareness and recognition are the beginnings of coming to terms with and sending off the pesky creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. I always love receiving comments; do feel free. If you're visiting from the A-Z challenge (or even if you're not!) could I thank you for your patience in using the dreaded captcha verification thingy. It's a pain, I know, but I've had problems with spam in the past and would rather keep Greenpatches as a junk-free zone.